Sponsor: Ms. McFadden
Location: Art Room
The Art Club is for students who:
- have a serious interest in art
- want to try out for the Horizons gifted program
- are in the 4th, 5th, or 6th grades
- have transportation from school at 3:30 or stay in afterschool daycare
Art Club activities will include:
- drawing lessons in preparation for a Horizons portfolio
- painting skills
- special projects/service projects
Art Club will meet on Wednesdays from 2:15 to 3:00 beginning in October. Art Club may be cancelled due to special teacher meetings or conferences. Cancellations will be announced as quickly as possible.
Space in the Art Club is limited. Priority is given to students trying out for the Horizons G/T program.
All Art Club students will need a spiral bound sketchbook, 8 ½ x 11 or 9x 12 and containing at least 50 sheets of white paper. Sketchbooks may be purchased at many stores at a variety of prices. Please contact Ms. McFadden with any questions about the sketchbooks.