“Today’s Learners, Tomorrow’s Leaders!”
“To mold young minds to be creative, knowledgeable, productive citizens of good character in an ever-changing, challenging world.”
Blue Note Audition Information
May 3, 2018
- You will complete an information sheet and Fine Arts and Technology Blue Notes Application packet. This includes getting 2 references.
- You will address 2 envelopes to your parents. Know your home address!
- You will audition with another student. Sign up outside the chorus room.
- You will sing to your lowest note and highest note to determine your vocal range
- Be prepared to sing “America” individually and together.
- Be prepared to sight-read 8 measures using Solfege or on loo if you have not learned Solfege. See Mrs. Perkins for sight-reading examples.
- Sit quietly in the art room while waiting to audition.
- Have a ride waiting by no later than 5:30.
- If you make Blue Notes, there will be a parent meeting in May (Date TBA). This is a meeting for the new Blue Note and a parent to receive important information and to meet the other Blue Notes and parents. A minimum of $50 deposit on the outfit will be required.
Lynn C. Perkins
Chorus Teacher, National Board Certified
Southside Middle School
Fine Arts and Technology Academy
2018-2019 Fine Arts and Technology Academy Applications
There will be a Southside Fine Arts and Technology Academy informational meeting on February 27, 2018 in the Southside Media Center.
Contact Gloria Turner (email@example.com) for questions or more information.
Contact Wanda Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about shadowing an academy student.
Share Your Southside Story
Attention former students, teachers, and staff: To celebrate the building of a new school which means a new chapter for our school, the Yearbook and FNN students of Southside are currently starting a three year project on the history of our school. Please share your Southside story.
Click the link below to see the Fall/Winter Edition of our school newspaper, "Inside Southside".
Chromebook Work Order Request Form
Students, are you having an issue with your Chromebook?
Would you like someone from the Help Desk to help you with your Chromebook?
Just click the link below and complete the form and someone from the Help Desk will help you as soon as they can!
Student & Staff Recognition
May 31, 2018
June 1, 2018
June 2, 2018
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Last Day for 190 day employees
June 8, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 20, 2018
June 22, 2018