The following activities are fun things you can do at home.
• Read a book each day.
• Find the first letter in his/her name in the environment. For example: Store and restaurant signs, food boxes, household items, etc.
• Ask your child the color of each piece of clothing as they dress each morning.
• Have your child collect items outside and count them. For example, rocks, leaves, pine cones, etc.
• Have your child find examples of basic shapes in their home.
• Play a rhyming game in the car. Give your child a word and let them think of a word that rhymes.
• Read or sing nursery rhymes.
• Help your child write their first name.
• Have your child locate and identify numbers in their environment. For example: Price tags, aisle numbers, speed limit signs, etc.
• Have your child draw a picture about a story you have read and tell about it.