DISCUS: South Carolina’s Virtual Library is the “information place” for all South Carolinians. DISCUS – which stands for Digital Information for South Carolina USers – provides free access to an electronic library that’s available 24/7. You can obtain the current DISCUS username and password from your school library media specialist.
OnePlaceSC - SC ETV's Newest K-12 Education Web Portal! OnePlaceSC lets teachers search all ETV and partner's resources with one user name and password. Teachers can view live streaming through their TV Guide, and answer all their Staff Development needs on one site.
PBS Parents - PBS Parents, the trusted online resource that's filled with information about your child’s development from birth through the early school years. Created with input from experts in child psychology, early childhood education, media and other fields, PBS Parents provides the answers you need to be your child’s first, best teacher.
Family-friendly Guides to South Carolina Academic Standards - A good educational system provides many tools that help children learn. Parents and families are a big part of a child's success team because a great deal of learning goes on outside the classroom. The information on this site can help you become familiar with what your child is learning at school and it includes activities to reinforce and support your child's learning, selected book titles for additional reading, and Web site addresses for extended learning
Internet Safety - Common Sense Media - Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
SafeShare.TV - the safest way to watch and share YouTube videos.
NetWise: The Internet offers kids many opportunities for learning, constructive entertainment and personal growth. At the same time, parents are concerned about the risk kids face online. The challenge for parents is to educate themselves and their children about how to use the Internet safely.
English Language Arts
Storyline Online - The Screen Actors Foundation is proud to bring you Storyline Online, an on-line streaming video program featuring SAG members reading children's books aloud! Each book includes accompanying activities and lesson ideas.
- Figure This: Figure This! Mathematical challenges for families provide interesting math challenges that middle-school students can do at home with their families.
Each challenge features:
- a description of the important math involved
- a note on where the math is used in the real world
- a hint to get started
- complete solutions
- a "Try This" section
- additional related problems with answers
- questions to think about
- fun facts related to the math
- resources for further exploration.
The Math Forum: Categories include, weekly and monthly challenges, problem of the week, homework helpers, math tools, tips and tricks, sorted by grade level -- AVAILABLE IN SPANISH, FRENCH AND GERMAN!!!!
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Information about our government for all levels to easily understand
- Country Reports: Cultural, historical and statistical country information
- Kids.gov - A safe place to learn and play
- The ABC of Geography: Over 1400 terms defined. this dictionary is primarily aimed at supporting secondary/senior/high school and early tertiary students who are studying Geography or related subjects such as Earth Sciences.
- National Atlas.gov: National Atlas shows us where we are. It allows you to use your imagination and, by probing and questioning, to choose the facts that fit your needs as you explore the American story.
Homework Help: lots of sites to help students of all levels with homework; reference sites, study tips, research tips, planning for college and more
Fact Monster: Homework Center, Atlases, Dictionary, Encyclopedia resources and more
FreeRice.com: FreeRice is a sister site of Poverty.com. Their partners are the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University and the United Nations World Food Program.
The Library of Congress: Resources for Kids, Families, Librarians, Teachers and more.
Welcome to the Smithsonian : Welcome to the Smithsonian Institute, the world's largest museum complex and research organization composed of 19 museums, 9 research centers, and the National Zoo.
Smithsonian Education: The gateway to Smithsonian Educational Resources
Text 2 Mind Map - Free Graphic Organizer - Text 2 Mind Map is one of the most popular mind mapping tools on the web.